Grupo Niche - Best SongsRead Now
Grupo Niche is widely considered the best Salsa band coming from Colombia. Their extensive repertoire, written almost exclusively by the talented musician Jairo Varela, includes a selection of outstanding Salsa dura tracks as well as romantic songs that have captured Salsa fans all over the world for over 30 years. From "Sin Sentimiento" to "Cali Pachaguero," the following are the best songs ever produced by Grupo Niche.
10. "Sin Sentimiento" - "Sin Sentimiento" is one of the hits included in the album Cielo De Tambores, one of the best productions ever released by Grupo Niche. A fantastic track from beginning to end featuring the voice of the legendary Javier Vazquez, one of the best singers in the history of the band.
9. "Hagamos Lo Que Diga El Corazon" - This is one of the most popular tracks Grupo Niche has produced in the field of romantic Salsa. Although it is a romantic track, the melody does not stay in the soft side all the time. The second part, in fact, provides good musical arrangements to hit the dance floor.
8. "Nuestro Sueño" - "Nuestro Sueño" marked the debut of the legendary Puerto Rican singer Tito Gomez with Grupo Niche. After having produced different hits with La Sonora Poncena and Ray Barreto, Tito Gomez joined the Colombian band in 1985. This track belongs to the album Tapando El Hueco, one of the best works by Grupo Niche. Although "Nuestro Sueño" is another romantic hit, the ending part of this song is an explosion defined by fast beats.
7. "Cali Aji" - Throughout all these years, Grupo Niche has been based in the city of Cali, Colombia. Because of this, Grupo Niche has used this city as an eternal source of inspiration for their music. "Cali Aji" is just one of the many songs dealing with Cali. This track, in particular, offers a direct reference to the festivities the city celebrates every year. Because of its energy, this is an ideal track to play in a good Latin party.
6. "La Negra No Quiere" - Originally included in the breakthrough album No Hay Quinto Malo, this single has been a favorite among fans of the Colombian band. "La Negra No Quiere" offers a catchy percussion and the unique sound of the keyboards that defined the music of the band during the 1980s.
5. "La Magia De Tus Besos" - From the 1996 album Etnia, "La Magia De Tus Besos" has been one of the most popular romantic Salsa songs ever produced by Grupo Niche. Much of the appeal of this song was the result of the sweet voice of Willy Garcia, another popular singer from the band.
4. "Del Puente Pa' Alla" - "Del Puente Pa' Alla" is another song dealing with Cali and its surroundings. In fact, the whole song is based on a very simple fact: The bridge that separates Cali from the Juanchito district, a popular place for Salsa dancing. This is one of the most popular songs from Grupo Niche's hard Salsa school.
3. "Buenaventura Y Caney" - I personally think "Buenaventura Y Caney" is the best Salsa Dura song Grupo Niche has ever produced. A fantastic song from beginning to end nurtured by the legendary voice of Alvaro del Castillo, amazing percussions and exhilirating brass sections. "Buenaventura Y Caney" was, in fact, the first solid hit produced by Grupo Niche.
2. "Una Aventura" - I have previously mentioned some romantic songs in this list. However, we have finally arrived to the most popular romantic track ever produced by Grupo Niche. This song offers amazing music and some of the most beautiful lyrics ever written by the band's gifted director and songwriter Jairo Varela. In terms of romantic Salsa, this is as good as it gets from Grupo Niche. The original version was sung by Charlie Cardona, the band's most romantic voice ever.
1. "Cali Pachanguero" - "Cali Pachanguero" is still to date, the most popular song produced by the Colombian band. This was the track that transformed Grupo Niche into an international Salsa sensation. Again, this track deals with the culture and traditions surrounding Grupo Niche's hometown. Since its realease, "Cali Pachanguero" has become Cali's unofficial anthem. A perfect track from beginning to end.
Leave a Reply.
... I would like to share you about certain things that might interest you.