Latin Party Music - Top 20Read Now
Latin Party Music: A Selection of 50 Latin Songs for A Night of Dancing...
In terms of dancing and having fun, I do not think there is anything that can beat a good Latin party. Using my DJ experience, I am going to lead you through the following playlist as if I were playing music in front of a crowd. This selection features 50 classic and contemporary songs from various genres such as Salsa, Merengue, Bachata, Reggaeton, Latin Rock and Brazilian music. Whether you are planning to have a Latin party or need some music you can dance to, the following playlist will provide you with a good spectrum of the amazing sounds that Latin music is able to offer.
1. "Congo Mulence" - Machito: When playing Latin music, the first thing I like to do is creating the mood. People like to chat or have some drinks before hitting the dance floor so it is important to set up the mood first. A Latin Jazz track will do the trick. This classic song by Machito is an ideal way to start your Latin party. "Congo Mulence" is also featured in a very nice Latin Jazz album produced by Putumayo Records.
2. "Menina Moca" - Stan Getz: We will continue to set up the mood by bringing more 'sophisticated' music with a Latin flavor to it. Another jazzy track will help us to carry out the mood of the previous song. However, this time we are going to move from the vibes of Afro-Cuban Jazz to the realm of Brazilian Jazz. Out of the many songs produced by the legendary Jazz musician Stan Getz, during the time he played alongside Bossa Nova icon Joao Gilberto, "Menina Moca" is definitely one of the best songs to get into the mood for a Latin party. With this transition, we are also introducing the crowd to a large variety of sounds.
3. "Marianao Social Club" - Cachao: We will continue with our previous jazzy mood. However, this time we are ready to turn this Latin party up a notch. "Marianao Social Club," a wonderful song included in the album Master Sessions Volume 1 by Cachao, will allow us to do that. This song offers a perfect 'bridge' to move from the sounds of Latin Jazz into something a bit spicier.
4. "Sou Negrao" - Rappin Hood: Now it is time to move into a different field. From the sounds of traditional Cuban music and Latin Jazz we are jumping into the vibrant flavors of Brazilian Urban music. One of the biggest stars in this field is Rappin Hood. In "Sou Negrao" this rapper mixes in a very fun and creative way traditional Pagode with the Urban sounds of Sao Paulo, one of the biggest metropolis in the world. Now, it is definitely the time to start heating up this Latin party.
5. "Lo Que Paso Paso" - Daddy Yankee: We will stay in the Urban field with this hit of Daddy Yankee's breakthrough album Barrio Fino. This time we are moving from the Brazilian beats of Rapin Hood's "Sou Negrao" to one of the best Reggaeton songs by the Puerto Rican superstar. "Lo Que Paso Paso" will definitely bring people into the dancing floor of this Latin party.
6. "A Lo Cubano" - Orishas: We will stay in the Urban side with this fantastic song from one of the most influential groups that Latin Urban music has ever seen. "A Lo Cubano" is one of the best tracks included in Orishas's album Antidiotico. The song offers a nice combination of rap with a background sound of traditional Cuban Danzon. This song is perfect to move into a Salsa or Timba track, something that I will do with the next song of this Latin party playlist.
7. "Tributo al Niño Rivera" - Afro Cuban All Stars: Now that you got some people on the dance floor, it is time to hit them with a nice Salsa song. "Tributo al Niño Rivera" is a fantastic song from beginning to end. It offers a very elegant sound defined by amazing musical arrangements. You gotta love the flute and the tres playing in this song. This single offers six solid minutes of pure good music.
8. "Mujer Celosa" - El Gran Combo de Puerto Rico: We are going to stay in the Salsa field. This time, however, we will switch vibes a bit. From Cuba we are moving into the sounds of Puerto Rican Salsa with this track of one of the best groups in the history of this genre. "Mujer Celosa" is one of the best songs by El Gran Combo de Puerto Rico. A very nice song that will keep your crowd dancing.
9. "Canto Al Amor" - Sonora Ponceña: I am going to close this Salsa set with a track from another of the most influential Salsa bands from Puerto Rico. "Canto Al Amor" offers the typical sound that La Sonora Poncena has forged throughout a long and successful musical career. The piano in the intro part, the brass sections, the chorus, and the hard melody of the second half of this track are just plain fantastic. Because of all this, "Canto Al Amor" remains as one of the most popular songs ever produced by La Poncena.
10. "Dulces Sueños" - Rita Indiana: Now, it is time for a little break and switch gears. To accomplish that, I am bringing the track "Dulces Sueños" by Latin Alternative artist Rita Indiana. This is a funky bilingual version of the legendary song "Sweet Dreams" by Eurythmics. This single offers the so-called Techno-Merengue (literally a combination of Techno music with Merengue) that Rita Indiana usually incorporates into her productions. This song is a nice bridge to jump into a Merengue track.
11. "Llueve El Amor" - Tito El Bambino: Now, we are going to move from Rita Indiana's funky Merengue style into the classic beats of this Dominican genre. Although "Llueve El Amor" is not the typical track from Tito El Bambino, one of today's top Latin Urban artists, this song is one of the most popular tracks that this singer has produced in recent years. "Llueve El Amor" is an ideal song to add a romantic touch to this Latin Party playlist. Lovers will surely hit the floor with this one.
12. "Tu Eres Ajena" - Eddy Herrera: Now that we have entered into the world of Merengue, it is time to bring a good track for dancing. Eddy Herrera is one of today's most popular Merengue stars. His repertoire is an ideal option to consider if you want to spice up your Latin party. "Tu Eres Ajena" is just one of the many Merengue hits this Dominican artist has produced throughout his successful career.
13. "Procura" - Chichi Peralta: Now, we are going to move to a different style without leaving the sounds of Dominican music. In order to maintain the energy of the previous song, here there is another great track for dancing. "Procura" is a fantastic song from beginning to end. It offers an intoxicating fusion of Tropical sounds that will keep people on the dance floor. This is one of the most popular singles included in Chichi Peralta's breakthrough album Pa Otro Lao.
14. "Corazon Sin Cara" - Prince Royce: After listening to some Merengue songs and the Tropical fusion of Chichi Peralta, it is time to bring a good Bachata track into this Latin Party. "Corazon Sin Cara" is one of the songs that transformed Prince Royce into one of today's most popular Bachata artists. This is also one of the best songs included in the album Prince Royce.
15. "Oye Mi Canto" - N.O.R.E.: After traveling through the sounds of Dominican music, it is time for a change of style. We will do it aggressively by bringing one classic Reggaeton hit. My choice to accomplish this is "Oye Mi Canto," a nice track by N.O.R.E. featuring different Reggaeton stars. Latin Urban music fans will definitely hit the floor with this one.
16. "I Know You Want Me" - Pitbull: With "I Know You Want Me," we will move from the classic beats of Reggaeton to the unique Urban style of Pitbull. This song is defined by Pitbull's traditional combination of Rap and Hip-Hop with Dance music. People who like this kind of Disco stuff will definitely love this one.
17. "Bossa 31" - Rosalia De Souza: We are about to switch the dancing style now. An eclectic mix of electronic sounds with Brazilian music will add something really cool to this Latin party playlist. "Bossa 31" is one of my favorite tracks from Brazilian artist Rosalia De Souza. This song provides an intoxicating sound that will keep your feet moving.
18. "Tic Tic Tac" - Carrapicho: To continue with the vibes of Brazilian music, I bring now "Tic Tic Tac," the most famous single ever produced by the Brazilian group Carrapicho. Back in the time when I used to be a DJ, people always went crazy about this track. Everytime I played this song, I had the dance floor packed. I do not know if this song still delivers the same effect but I still think it is a nice track to include in a Latin party.
19. "1, 2, 3" - El Simbolo: Time to bring this Latin party up a notch. Just like "Tic Tic Tac", this track is also one of those songs where people usually dance in groups. I prefer to stay away from very commercial stuff like the annoying "Macarena" and similar songs. However, I think "1, 2, 3" can bring a good energy to the dance floor. Once, I listened to this track in a Latin bar in Tokyo, Japan, and people just loved it. This Tropical song has definitely a global appeal.
20. "Guallando" - Fulanito: To keep the dancing mood in the right place, I bring a classic Merengue hit from Fulanito. Because of the energy it has, "Guallando" is a timeless track for any Latin party. This song offers an intoxicating sound defined by a fast Merengue beat and the nice touch provided by the notes of the accordion in the background. A fantastic track for any Latin party.
... I would like to share you about certain things that might interest you.