Sexual assault is a serious issue that affects many men & women, and it's important to take steps to protect yourself and reduce your risk in the dance scene.
Here are some tips to help prevent sexual assault:
1. Be aware of your surroundings in a dance studio or club is important for your safety. Here are some tips to help you stay aware:
2. Re-emphasizing it, trust your instincts: If you feel uneasy or uncomfortable in a situation, trust your gut and leave the area.
3. Stay sober: Drinking alcohol or using drugs can impair your judgment and make you more vulnerable to sexual assault.
4. Travel with a friend: If possible, travel with a friend or in a group. Once again, there is safety in numbers.
5. Practice good communication: Be assertive and clear in communicating your boundaries to others. Don't be afraid to say no or to speak up if you feel uncomfortable.
Remember that sexual assault is never the victim's fault. No matter what precautions you take, it's important to remember that the perpetrator is the one responsible for their actions. If you are a victim of sexual assault, it's important to seek help and support from trusted friends, family members, or professionals.
Things to consider...
Always, remember no matter where you are "they are wolves among sheep". It's important to always keep in mind that there may be dangerous or predatory individuals in any given location or situation, even if most people are well-intentioned and harmless. In other words, there may be "wolves among sheep." Therefore, it's important to stay vigilant and be aware of your surroundings, take precautions to protect yourself, and trust your instincts if you feel uncomfortable or unsafe.